Practical Food Labelling Course and Workshop
Presented by Gabi Steenkamp, Registered Dietician, and food labelling consultant
Gabi has presented many food labelling courses that can be specifically tailored for individual company requirements. The 1-2 day course or workshop includes:
Practical systematic working through all of the relevant SA Food Label Regulations.
- SANS: 829:2010
- Food Standard Agency
- Nutrient Profile Model Calculator
- Specific Department of Health Regulations
- The use of sweeteners – R733 / 2012
- Infants and young children – R991 / 2012
- Preservatives & anti-oxidants – R60 / 2009 & R965 / 1977
- Labelling & composition of boerewors – R2718 / 1990
- Trans fats in foods R127 / 2011
- Packaged water R718 / 2006
Department of Agric Standards (DAFF) that apply to your products
- Dry beans R897 / 2002
- Fat Spreads R194 / 2012
- Mayonnaise & salad dressing
- Fruit Juices R286 / 1980
- Frozen fruit & vegetables R727 /1998
- Jams, Jellies & Marmalade R81 / 2013
- Honey R885 / 2000
Understanding of the criteria required for claims in the new DRAFT R429 and R146.
Practical use of Nutrient Profile Model and how to state claims correctly and modify formulations to claim criteria.
Practical label examples
I could listen to Gabi the whole day, she is so knowledgeable
I enjoyed the practical examples as it made it more interactive
I enjoyed the presentations made relevant by case studies.